Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish List / Feature Requests / Project Ideas
If you've got an idea or something you wish to be put in Marvin's remake post it in here! Obviously there is no guarantee it will happen but hey it never hurts to ask. Smile

Plus some ideas could even become part of a future mod project! Opensource means anyone can fork it in a direction they wish to.

Some dream/wish list items (ranging from simple to crazy lol) I have are:
  • Dripping green slime in the Spemin comms room.
  • A few flashing/blinking lights or computer screens on the wall behind the Thrynn.
  • Different planet cloud colours based on the the planet atmosphere type. DONE!
  • Genesis remake mod - Eg changing some of the assets to be more in the style of the Genesis remake of SF1 and also adding some of the Genesis remake features not in the original PC version such as a Terrain Vehicle with system upgrades.
  • Starflight 2 Remake using Marv's one day finished SF1 remake engine.
  • Starflight 3 Mysteries of the Universe fan sequel remake using Marv's one day finished SF1 remake engine. With an official SF3 on the way it's probably best to take the 3 out of the title. We have a ton of their old assets and story, the project kept failing because they never had a finished engine! Well soon we might just have one lol!
  • Starflight The Lost Colony remake using Marv's one day finished SF1 remake engine. Now that would be fascinating!
I believe some of these are on Michael/Gamxin's wish list too lol!
[Image: BGx3xEC.gif]
Blake's Sanctum - Starflight Series
:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, & fan games!
Autopilot

Tap on the system map, starmap, and planet map and the ship or terrain vehicle will head there

Maybe even do what Star Control does and have the ship unaffected by entering systems or fluxes while on auto
Oh yes that's another wish list item I forgot.. more mouse controls in general (eg being able to click on menu items).. in testing I keep going to use it only to find it does nothing lol. I prefer using mouse in the Amiga version. Even when I play my beloved Genesis version I find myself missing the mouse controls lol. I guess it's just such a fundamental part of the modern PC gaming experience.
:
Posting a suggestion from the group chat

Flux to the Starflight 2 region of space, flux coordinates are at 57, 221 and take you to coordinates 2, 80 on the SF2 map
Different coloured gas giants
:
Any chance you could add a search bar? This would be great for planets or stars you have visited and charted already.

If you have traveled there or you have received coordinates, you can type in the name of the star and that star will be highlighted on your map. Maybe even have an autopilot to the star after you navigator gains enough experience/training to program the autopilot better.

I know you have your vision of this project. I wish I had the talent for it. I keep thinking of all the things that would have been great in the original game without losing the spirit of the game. Thanks for your hard work.
When you run out of gas in the terrain vehicle you should have to walk the astronaut all the way back to the ship yourself while random party members take damage through planet conditions like the original.
(01-26-2019, 06:58 PM)Gamxin Wrote: When you run out of gas in the terrain vehicle you should have to walk the astronaut all the way back to the ship yourself while random party members take damage through planet conditions like the original.

Absolutely agree on that one!
Rigel, "Did you just shoot him?"
Cairne,"Yes"
Rigel, "Why?!"
Cairne, "He was an asshole."
Rigel, "That's not illegal!"
Cairne, "It's not?"
Rigel, "No!"
Cairne, "I hate this damn planet. By the way, we may wanna leave."
Rigel, "Why?"
Cairne, "I winged his brother in the bathroom too."
Lol, yeah it'd be a new feature

Alright adding this one from group chat, tank control scheme for TV

Left and right turns the TV and up and down move it backwards and forwards
(01-27-2019, 02:47 AM)Gamxin Wrote: Lol, yeah it'd be a new feature

Alright adding this one from group chat, tank control scheme for TV

Left and right turns the TV and up and down move it backwards and forwards

Will you implement use of game pad? As much as a purist as I can be. I have RA and gamepads are easier on my hands than keyboard and mouse.
Rigel, "Did you just shoot him?"
Cairne,"Yes"
Rigel, "Why?!"
Cairne, "He was an asshole."
Rigel, "That's not illegal!"
Cairne, "It's not?"
Rigel, "No!"
Cairne, "I hate this damn planet. By the way, we may wanna leave."
Rigel, "Why?"
Cairne, "I winged his brother in the bathroom too."