Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any news
Just curious if things are settling down and you’ll be able to work on this project more?
Heya - not quite yet. COVID-19 is still going on (and affecting my business) and wife is going through cancer treatments and there is some chaos regarding the schooling of my 3 kids (two in college and one in high school). But don't worry - I haven't forgotten about the remake.
Thank you for the reply and all your hard work. I wish your wife a full recovery and feel you with the kids schedule. My wife and I are both nurses and have two kids in college. Definitely crazy times in the world right now.
I too wish your wife a speedy recovery Marv. What a year!
[Image: BGx3xEC.gif]
Blake's Sanctum - Starflight Series
:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, & fan games!
(08-19-2020, 02:03 PM)Marvin Herbold Wrote: Heya - not quite yet.  COVID-19 is still going on (and affecting my business) and wife is going through cancer treatments and there is some chaos regarding the schooling of my 3 kids (two in college and one in high school).  But don't worry - I haven't forgotten about the remake.
Marvin I am very sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time in your personal life.  I do want you to know that I think you have done an amazing job on the remake of Starflight.  I just stumbled across your site and was totally shocked that i foound a game that i used to play as a child.  This game is awesome and I look so forward to when yo Complete this project!!  Thank you for all your hard work.  There's lots of people that you are making happy with this!
Marvin,

So glad to hear from you, and I certainly wish your wife the very best!  My wife several years ago went through a breast-cancer episode and what I can say is that I was very impressed with how well the treatment regimens have been developed since the 90's--like night and day!  It's so much better now than it used to be!  Susanne and I wish you and your wife and kids the very best! (Two in college...not "kids" any longer--same here, time flies!)

Now I feel like a total heel telling you I'm glad you are back on your project here...Wink 

So I'll just say that I love what you're doing as this game was one I couldn't get enough of back in '86...it was always the imaginative scope of the game I found so enthralling.  What you are doing here is something I've looked for for years and could never understand why no one had done it! 

So, the best to you and your family in the year ahead!
I too am very happy to see Marvin back working on the game again in 2021. I keep getting all these lovely github update notifications haha!
[Image: BGx3xEC.gif]
Blake's Sanctum - Starflight Series
:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, & fan games!
Hi Marvin, just discovered your site, project, demo download, blog and this community. The demo is fantastic! Really well done. It really makes the game fun to look at. Looks like life has continued to throw you curves. Hope you and your family are well and am hopeful you’ll continue this project.