Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great to be here
Really great that there is a forum started for a new release of Starlight.

Got the old Starflight 1 game installed and started playing it again after years of comparing every other space game to it.
No one ever came close. I still have my original game, Jacket, inserts, code wheel, starmap (edited).

First time into the game was with a buddy, but he was in for a few episodes... but found myself alone in a new, and strange universe.. 
Had a blast and finished the game. Then played it a few more times... 
Nothing compares to going around on a planets surface only to come across some Pyramids and some ancient artifacts!!

Can't wait to play it again...but...
looking forward to something new as well.
I never did play Starflight 2, but i have that as well and will get into that.

Will look to follow any progress with the new project and good to see some other star travelers still around...

What about the original devs? What they did on a couple of floppy disks really inspired me.
Became a programmer: dBase/Clipper then into networks, worked for SMC, then enterprise networks, and ran the network in North America for an International Airline.
Do you think Starflight had anything to do with that? yea, it did.
Welcome, fellow Arthling! Download the remake and let us know what you think of it so far. :-)
Welcome mate!
[Image: BGx3xEC.gif]
Blake's Sanctum - Starflight Series
:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, & fan games!
Hi,

I just recently came across this remake of a great game while getting an update on Starflight 3. Great job!

It really brings back memories.

Btw, I saw that you were asking for the midi or enhance music score of the PC's Starflight intro. You may be in luck. I have with me a copy of the enhanced midi that was done way back in 1998 by John Kemp during the early stage of Starflight 3 development. I have since did some update to the instruments used.

Do you still want a copy?
(04-08-2019, 08:04 AM)Douglas128 Wrote: Hi,

I just recently came across this remake of a great game while getting an update on Starflight 3. Great job!

Btw, I saw that you were asking for the midi or enhance music score of the PC's Starflight intro. You may be in luck. I have with me a copy of the enhanced midi that was done way back in 1998 by John Kemp during the early stage of Starflight 3 development. I have since did some update to the instruments used.

Welcome Doug. Sorry for slow reply! As you may have seen on the main news page Marvin's company that he runs is taking on a big project for the next few months so he's unable to work on the remake and probably won't be around here until so apologies in advance for slow replies. We have a full backup of all the SF3 source files and media including music so I think we already have that one somewhere thanks. Were you part of the Starflight 3 team back in those days? If so what years did you work on it? I've been speaking to many of trhe old SF3 team members over the last year researching and collecting info and old demos of the game for a video series touring all the cool old SF3 demos.
[Image: BGx3xEC.gif]
Blake's Sanctum - Starflight Series
:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, & fan games!
(05-17-2019, 09:48 AM)Blake00 Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 08:04 AM)Douglas128 Wrote: Hi,

Welcome Doug. Sorry for slow reply! As you may have seen on the main news page Marvin's company that he runs is taking on a big project for the next few months so he's unable to work on the remake and probably won't be around here until so apologies in advance for slow replies. We have a full backup of all the SF3 source files and media including music so I think we already have that one somewhere thanks. Were you part of the Starflight 3 team back in those days? If so what years did you work on it? I've been speaking to many of trhe old SF3 team members over the last year researching and collecting info and old demos of the game for a video series touring all the cool old SF3 demos.
Hi,

So sorry. I was also caught in a crisis when you replied. My company was in a financial meltdown. Suffice to say that I am now working in another stable company. 

I was with the Starflight 3 team from around the late 90s period before the Malaysian economy crisis pulled me away. I still do have several of the updated musical score that was made for SF3 in my collection though.

Cheers,
Douglas