Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needed: Science Officer Skill
(01-09-2019, 08:35 PM)Marvin Herbold Wrote: I need information on how the science officer skill is used and what the formula or logic behind some of the calculations are.

For example, how is this skill used to determine what information is revealed to the player when analyzing a sensor scan... ???
From what I understand the science officer affects both sensors and analysis, and also the frequency? accuracy? of alien ship movement detection?

I can't think of a good way to measure alien ship movement detection, but have you considered alternative implementation such as the the star control 2 method of hyperspace/solar system encounters?  Probabilistic spawning of groups of ships within a radius that show up as "objects chasing you" as opposed to a preconfigured number of invisible fleets which will travel short distances to find you?

I probably will have time this weekend to test this. What do you think about this idea?

50 science skill: screenshots of scanning 5 alien ships (Hopefully 5 different ships within one encounter), analyzing 5 alien ships, scanning 5 planets, analyzing 5 planets
100 science skill: "
150 "
200 "
250 "

That's 100 screenshots, but I could probably skip a bunch of them if certain patterns start emerging, the same number of "uncertain" statements recur, etc.

What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Needed: Science Officer Skill - by Marvin Herbold - 01-09-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: Needed: Science Officer Skill - by Zharous - 01-10-2019, 07:02 PM
RE: Needed: Science Officer Skill - by Zharous - 01-14-2019, 05:01 AM
RE: Needed: Science Officer Skill - by Zharous - 01-14-2019, 05:20 PM