Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C&C, Red Alert, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic Mods for Civilization II
Hey guys,

While Marvin has been busy on his 6+ month forced break from the project (due to huge work commitments in his company) I've been working on some other fan projects instead of this one including some mod projects of my own that I thought I'd post about here just for fun.

Back in the 90s I used to muck around with Doom 2 and Civilization 2 modding but never finished any of my projects. Well in recent years I've been getting back into it (call it can early midlife crisis lol) and released a GZDoom enhanced version of my old Star Trek Doom level and also a new Quest for Glory IV - 3D Hexen mod too. Much to my surprise both got a lot of media attention with the QFG4-3D one in particular getting coverage on Rock Paper Shotgun and in PC Gamer Magazine which was awesome. The great response inspired me to also get back into my old Civilization 2 editing as well (also 20 years too late lol).

[Image: Screenshot23.2.png] [Image: Screenshot03.1.png] [Image: GScreenshot01.png] [Image: GScreenshot07.png]

So over the last year or so I've been playing a lot of classic Civilization series and related games (eg Civ1,2,3, Colonization, Master of Magic, Alpha Centauri, Call To Power etc) and I returned to working on my 20 year old Star Wars Civ 2 scenario and also started a bunch of new projects with some other talented Civ2 modders.

Figured I may as well post about my projects in a thread here for passers by to either enjoy or ignore the nostalgia lol. I'll start with my Civilization 2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 scenario I'm working with someone else as this really helped me get back into Civ2 modding as the guy helping me taught me a lot of new tricks! My Star Wars, C&C, Red Alert and Master of Magic scenarios will come later!

This project is a total conversion Heroes of Might & Magic 2 scenario for the Multiplayer Gold Edition (MGE) of Sid Meier's Civilization II created by myself and MetroPolis. It was Inspired by Tom2050's amazing HoMM3 mod for Civ3 the goal is to create the most HoMM2 like experience within the limitations of the old Civ2 engine.

HoMM2 Dev Diary 01 - Creating Cities For The Civilization 2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In the first dev diary we look at importing HoMM2 castle/city graphics into Civ2.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilization-...ing-cities

[Image: Temp6.png]

HoMM2 Dev Diary 02 - Creating Nice Backgrounds For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In this second dev diary we look at ‘HoMMafying’ all those Civ 2 advisor, city and event screens.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilization-...ackgrounds

[Image: upload_2019-8-10_21-5-5.png]

HoMM2 Dev Diary 03 - Creating Custom Leaders & Wonder Vids For The Civ2 Heroes Of Might & Magic 2 Mod:
In the third dev diary we look at changing Civ2’s leader portraits used for diplomacy with HoMM2 heroes and make a bold attempt at replacing Civ2’s original wonder videos.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civilization-...rs-wonders

[Image: Image10.png]

[Image: BGx3xEC.gif]
Blake's Sanctum - Starflight Series
:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, & fan games!

Messages In This Thread
C&C, Red Alert, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic Mods for Civilization II - by Blake00 - 01-05-2020, 01:01 PM