Well. That was quick.
After finishing up the Spemin earlier today, I decided to tackle one of the easiest “race” to do in the game… the Nomad probe. Actually, the Veloxi probe is even easier, but I didn’t think of that until later. Below is an image of the Nomad probe in the original game.
Basically, this is what I did to build the Nomad probe:
- Find a satellite dish model and download it.
- Find a satellite body model and download it.
- Whip out my Sawzall and hack those model up and glue them together.
- Brought the thing into Unity.
- Created solar panel texture maps and colorized the model.
- Added lights at the tips of the solar panels.
- Wrote scripts to animate the lights and spin the whole thing.
Enjoy the pictures and the video of the probe in action!